- Outside Europe
- About Abortion / How to Access
- About Contraception
- Films / Abortion Stories
Abortion Clinics Online (US and International)
- The first and largest online directory comprised of over 200 providers of abortion services and reproductive healthcare, across the United States and internationally.
- http://abortionclinics.com/ [ en ]
- A human rights organization that helps fight abuses of human rights worldwide. Amnesty favours the decriminalization of abortion and wages campaigns in many countries where abortion is restricted (see: Sexual and Reproductive Rights).
- www.amnesty.org [ ar | en | es | fr ]
Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health
- Located at University of California, San Francisco, their mission is to advance women’s health worldwide through research, training, policy analysis and services.
- http://bixbycenter.ucsf.edu/ [ en ]
Catholics for Choice (US and Latin America)
- A voice for Catholics who believe that the Catholic tradition supports a woman’s moral and legal right to follow her conscience in matters of sexuality and reproductive health. Located in Washington DC, CFC works with sister organizations throughout Latin America and also maintains a presence throughout Europe.
- www.catholicsforchoice.org/ [ en ]
- (Links to International Partners in Latin America)
Center for Reproductive Rights (US and International)
- A law firm and advocacy group that uses the law to advance reproductive freedom as a fundamental human right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill.
- www.reproductiverights.org/ [ar | en | fr | es ]
- One of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products and services in the developing world, serving 28 million couples in 2014, and preventing 6.5 million unwanted pregnancies, 12,527 maternal deaths, and 3.6 million abortions.
- www.dktinternational.org/ [ en ]
Family Care International
- FCI fights for commitment and funding to save women’s lives (including from unsafe abortion) and works with communities to raise awareness, create innovative solutions and tools, and implement effective programs. They operate in five countries in Africa and Latin America.
- www.familycareintl.org [ en | es | fr ]
FIGO Working Group for the Prevention of Unsafe Abortion
- FIGO is the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics. The project to prevent unsafe abortion aims to reduce the rates of unsafe abortion and the maternal mortality and morbidity associated with unsafe abortion.
- www.figo.org/working-group-prevention-unsafe-abortion [ en | es | fr ]
Global Doctors for Choice
- An international network of physicians advocating for access to safe, comprehensive, evidence-based reproductive health care.
- http://globaldoctorsforchoice.org/ [ en | es | pt ]
Guttmacher Institute (US and International)
- Advances sexual and reproductive health and rights through research, policy analysis, and public education. The Institute’s overarching goal is to ensure the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health for all people worldwide.
- www.guttmacher.org/ [ en ]
Gynuity Health Projects
- A research and technical assistance organization dedicated to the idea that all people should have access to the fruits of medical science and technology development. Gynuity’s goal is to make reproductive health technologies more convenient, more acceptable, safer, and more widely accessible.
- http://gynuity.org/ [ en ]
Ibis Reproductive Health
- Ibis focuses on increasing access to safe abortion, expanding contraceptive access and choices, and integrating HIV and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services. Ibis research is used by partners and stakeholders to improve policies and delivery of services around the world.
- www.ibisreproductivehealth.org [ en ]
International Campaign for Women’s Right to Safe Abortion
- An international campaign to promote universal access to safe, legal abortion as a women’s health and human rights issue. The campaign supports women’s autonomy to make their own decisions whether and when to have children and be able to act on those decisions without risk to their health and lives.
- www.safeabortionwomensright.org/ [ en ]
International Consortium for Medical Abortion
- An international network of organizations and individuals interested in medical abortion, including those working to make medical abortion available in safe conditions for women. The ICMA produces and shares information and resources on medical abortion.
- www.medicalabortionconsortium.org/ [en ]
- Affiliate: Consorcio Latinoamericano Contra el Aborto Inseguro (CLACAI) [ es ]
International Planned Parenthood Federation
- IPPF aims to improve quality of life by providing and campaigning for sexual and reproductive health and rights through advocacy and services, especially for poor and vulnerable people. The Federation works to ensure that women are not put at unnecessary risk of injury, illness and death as a result of pregnancy and childbirth, and supports a woman’s right to terminate her pregnancy legally and safely.
- www.ippf.org/ [ en | ja ]
- Dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care, including counseling and contraception to prevent future unintended pregnancies.
- www.ipas.org [ en | es ]
Marie Stopes International
- MSI delivers quality family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. MSI operates in 37 countries and is one of the largest international family planning organizations in the world.
- www.mariestopes.org/ [ en ]
- Champions sexual and reproductive health and rights worldwide, partnering with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services.
- www.pathfinder.org/ [ en ]
Population Action International
- Champions policies that make it possible for women to exercise their reproductive rights and fights to remove roadblocks to access. They work with policymakers in Washington and a network of partners in developing countries to ensure reproductive health is a global priority.
- http://pai.org/ [ en ]
- Conducts research and programs in over 50 countries to address critical health and development issues. Their work allows couples to plan their families and chart their futures, helps people avoid HIV infection and access life-saving HIV services, and empowers girls to protect themselves and have a say in their own lives.
- www.popcouncil.org/ [ en ]
- Promotes and coordinates September 28, International Safe Abortion Day. The website records the actions taken worldwide to defend, protect, and fulfil women’s right to accessible, safe and legal abortion. It also equips activists with resources and educational materials on abortion rights advocacy.
- www.september28.org/ [ en ]
Women on Waves
- Aims to prevent unsafe abortions and empower women to exercise their human rights to physical and mental autonomy. We trust that women can do a medical abortion themselves and make sure that women have access to medical abortion and information through innovative strategies.
- www.womenonwaves.org/ [ multiple languages ]
Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights
- A southern-based global network that builds and strengthens movements for sexual and reproductive health and rights and justice by connecting members and allies, building knowledge, organizing campaigns, and sharing resource.
- http://wgnrr.org/ [ en ]
World Health Organization
- Department of Reproductive Health and Research
- www.who.int/reproductive-health/index.htm [ ar | en | es | fr | ru | zh ]
- An international organization of young people (ages 18-29 years) committed to promoting adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive rights at the national, regional and international levels.
- www.youthcoalition.org/ [ en ]
Abortion Clinics in Europe
- A list of doctors and clinics providing abortion in different European countries. With detailed information about access, methods, prices, legal situation etc.
- www.abortion-clinics.eu [ de | en | fr ]
Abortion in Ireland
- Everything a woman in Ireland may want to know about abortion. This site is a not-for-profit initiative intended to help women.
- www.abortioninireland.org [ en ]
Abortion in Switzerland
- Information on abortion and how to access it in Switzerland (no English)
- www.svss-uspda.ch/ [ de | fr | it ]
Abortion Rights Campaign (Ireland)
- Promotes national support for a referendum to repeal the 8th Amendment to the Irish Constitution, lobbies for extensive abortion legislation by the Northern Ireland Assembly, and ensures that the health and rights of women in pregnancy are protected in line with international human rights standards.
- www.abortionrightscampaign.ie/ [ en ]
Abortion Support Network (UK)
- Provides information, financial assistance, and accommodation to women travelling from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for an abortion. Also provides information about reputable providers of early medical abortion pills by post.
- www.abortionsupport.org.uk/ [ en ]
- Anonymous delivery is legal in every hospital in countries like France and Austria. This site contains all necessary information in German for women with an unwanted pregnancy.
- www.anonymegeburt.at [ de ]
- ASTRA Central and Eastern European Women’s Network for Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Health. A regional informal network of women’s rights organizations and activists from Central and Eastern Europe. ASTRA advocates for the full implementation of sexual and reproductive health and rights with a special focus on women in Central and Eastern Europe.
- www.astra.org.pl/ [ en | pl | ro ]
bpas – British Pregnancy Advisory Service (UK)
- bpas provides support and care for women in the UK seeking legal abortion and contraceptive care; informs and educates policy makers, the media and the public on issues relating to unwanted pregnancy; promotes and encourages research in matters concerning the regulation of fertility; and advocates the need for safe legal abortion.
- www.bpas.org/ [ en ]
CASA Clinics (The Netherlands)
- They operate 7 clinics across The Netherlands that provide help to women with an unplanned pregnancy, or a pregnancy they choose not to continue with. They provide non-directive and impartial counselling for unplanned pregnancy and abortion, as well as vasectomy services.
- www.casaklinieken.nl/en/about-casa-clinics [de | en | fr | nl ]
Education for Choice (UK)
- Supports young people’s right to informed choice on abortion by delivering workshops for young people in London, providing evidence-based information and resources around the world, and training health and education professionals across the UK.
- www.efc.org.uk/ [ en ]
Federation for Women and Family Planning (Poland)
- The Federation fights for every woman’s right to decide whether and when to have children, intervenes when doctors refuse to prescribe contraceptives or refer women for prenatal screening or legal abortions, and teaches adolescents how to start their sexual life safely.
- www.federa.org.pl/about-us [ en | pl ]
- International Federation of Health Care Providers working in abortion and contraception. Information for health care professionals, reports and announcements of conferences.
- www.fiapac.org [ de | en | es | fr | it ]
- Gynmed Clinic for abortion and family planning, in Vienna and Salzburg. This site contains very detailed information about abortion for women with an unwanted pregnancy in 12 languages.
- www.gynmed.at [ de | en| fr | es | hu | it | pl | ro | sk | zh |ru | cr]
Irish Family Planning Association
- The IFPA is Ireland’s leading sexual health provider. It provides sexual and reproductive health, family planning, pregnancy counselling, and education services.
- www.ifpa.ie [ en ]
Museum of Contraception and Abortion (Austria)
- The worldwide and unique Museum of Contraception and Abortion in Vienna. Extensive website with everything to know about these important life aspects, from the past to the present.
- www.muvs.org [ de | en ]
Abortion Care Network (United States)
- The national association for independent community-based, abortion care providers and their allies. Together they work to ensure the rights of all people to experience respectful, dignified abortion care.
- www.abortioncarenetwork.org [ en ]
Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada
- Canada’s only nationwide political pro-choice group devoted to ensuring abortion rights and access for women. ARCC is Canada’s “voice for choice” and reproductive justice.
- www.arcc-cdac.ca [en | fr ]
Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights
- A progressive, pro-choice charitable organization committed to advancing and upholding sexual and reproductive health and rights in Canada and globally.
- www.sexualhealthandrights.ca/ [ en | fr ]
African Network on Medical Abortion
- Works to reduce maternal mortality and morbidity in Africa arising from unsafe abortion, and provides a common platform to increase access to medical abortion in Africa.
- http://anma-network.org/ [ en ] website exists no longer, please go for information to: www.ipas.org
ALRANZ (New Zealand)
- Abortion Law Reform Association of New Zealand. A voluntary organisation that believes it is a woman’s right to be able to choose whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
- www.alranz.org/ [ en ]
- Asia Safe Abortion Partnership. They promote, protect, and advance women’s sexual and reproductive rights and health in Asia by reducing unsafe abortion and its complications and where it is legal, by promoting access to comprehensive safe abortion services.
- http://asap-asia.org/ [ en ]
- Grupo de de Información en Reproducción Elegida (Information Group on Reproductive Choice) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose mission is to promote and defend women’s reproductive rights in Mexico and Latin America, within the context of human rights.
- http://giremexico.tumblr.com/ [ en | es ]
Medical Students for Choice (United States)
- Works to make reproductive health care, including abortion, a standard part of medical education and residency training in the U.S. by providing direct opportunities for family planning education and empowering physicians in training to take control of their education.
- http://www.msfc.org/ [ en ]
NARAL Pro-Choice America (United States)
- A national advocacy group made up of pro-choice people across the United States that works to protect and expand reproductive freedom.
- www.prochoiceamerica.org/ [ en ]
National Abortion Federation (North America)
- NAF’s mission is to ensure safe, legal, and accessible abortion care, which promotes health and justice for women. NAF serves both those who provide or who need abortion care.
- http://prochoice.org/ [ en ]
National Advocates for Pregnant Women (United States)
- Seeks to protect the rights and human dignity of all women, particularly pregnant and parenting women and those who are most vulnerable including low income women, women of color, and drug-using women.
- http://advocatesforpregnantwomen.org/ [ en | es ]
Oriéntame (Latin America)
- Organización privada y de beneficio social, formulando un modelo integral y un protocolo seguro que garantiza la atención de las mujeres que requieren nuestros servicios. Desde 1990, el modelo de atención integral para niñas y mujeres en salud sexual y reproductiva, se ha trasmitido exitosamente a profesionales de la salud en 7 países de América Latina.
- www.orientame.org.co/ [ es ]
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (United States)
- Provides comprehensive reproductive and complementary health care services, advocates public policies that guarantee rights and access to such services, provides educational programs on human sexuality, and promotes research and the advancement of technology in reproductive health care.
- www.plannedparenthood.org/ [ en | es ]
Physicians for Reproductive Health (United States)
- Fights for improved access to safe, legal abortion services by advocating at the state and federal levels in the U.S, speaking out in the media, and encouraging comprehensive reproductive health education in medical residency education.
- www.prh.org [ en ]
- La Asociación Probienestar de la Familia Colombiana, Profamilia, es una entidad privada sin ánimo de lucro especializada en salud sexual y salud reproductiva que ofrece servicios médicos, educación y venta de productos a la población colombiana
- www.profamilia.org.co/ [es]
Reproductive Rights Advocacy Alliance Malaysia (RRAAM)
- Supports women’s right to increased abortion and contraception services. They work to increase awareness of and access to these rights through the strategies of information, education, and evidence-based advocacy.
- www.rraam.org/ [ en ]
About Abortion / How to Access
Early Option Pill
- A guide to using Mifeprex for American patients and providers. (Mifeprex is the mifepristone brand sold in the U.S.)
- http://earlyoptionpill.com/ [ en ]
- A list of links about medical abortion for European women with an unwanted pregnancy, those who are just interested, and health care professionals.
- www.mifegyne.com [ de | en | fr ]
- Contains extensive information about the use of misoprostol in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- www.misoprostol.org [ en ]
- Offers accurate, non-judgmental, confidential, safe, convenient, and affordable services to women considering an abortion with pills. Safe2choose is part of an international non-profit movement whose mission is to provide safe and affordable abortion pills to women.
- https://safe2choose.org/ [ en | es | pl ]
Women Help Women
- Obtain contraception online that can be sent to any country, and obtain abortion pills that can be sent to countries where abortion is illegal or highly restricted. Women Help Women also links activists, organizations, and researchers around the world.
- http://womenhelp.org/ [ en | es | it | pl | pt | th ]
- Facebook page
Women on Web
- Obtain abortion pills from countries where abortion is illegal or restricted. Women on Web is an international collective that answers thousands of help-emails every day in many languages from women around the world on how to carry out a medical abortion.
- www.womenonweb.org/ [ multiple languages ]
- The goal of Contracept.org is to bring people together around healthy sex-related issues by providing concise, up-to-date information on contraception and a meeting place for patients and those who care about them.
- www.contracept.org [ en ]
- Purpose of the journal is to provide a medium for the rapid communication of advances and new knowledge in all areas of contraception.
- www.contraceptionjournal.org/ [ en ]
European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health (ESC)
- Primary aim is to improve and facilitate knowledge, availability, and use of contraception, abortion, and reproductive health care in the countries of Europe.
- www.escrh.eu/ [ en ]
International Consortium for Emergency Contraception
- ICEC and its member organizations played a key role in introducing EC in a wide range of settings. It’s mission is to continue expanding to expand access to EC worldwide, with a focus on developing countries.
- www.cecinfo.org/ [ en ]
- Affiliate: European Consortium for Emergency Contraception
- Contains independent information about effective contraception with the hormonal coil/IUS.
- www.mirena.info [ de | en | fr | pl ]
Films / Abortion Stories
1 in 3 Campaign
- The 1 in 3 Campaign is a grassroots movement to start a new conversation about abortion—telling our stories, on our own terms. Together, we can end the stigma and shame women are made to feel about abortion.
- http://www.1in3campaign.org/en/ [ en | es ]
- Extensive collection of films on unwanted pregnancy and abortion from many different countries. Most films can be watched in full length.
- www.abortionfilms.org [ de | en | fr ]
I’m Not Sorry
- A site where women can share their positive experiences with abortion. The stories posted on this site may contain graphic descriptions of medical procedures, as well as attitudes that may not be in current vogue.
- www.imnotsorry.net/ [ en ]
NARAL Pro-Choice America – Our Stories
- Stories about: Abortion, birth control, sex education, and healthy pregnancies. We hope you will share your story with us, too.
- www.prochoiceamerica.org/womens-voices/womens-stories [ en ]
- “The Long Arm of the Empress” is a documentary on the history of abortion in Austria (German only)
- www.derlangearmderkaiserin.at [ de ]